Health Insurance > Medicare Plans
MEDICARE HEALTH PLANS
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older and certain younger people with disabilities. Timing is very important when enrolling for Medicare so you don't lose out on any benefits. The original Medicare Program includes three parts:
• Part A - Hospital Insurance: Covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
• Part B - Medical Insurance: Covers certain doctors' services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
• Part D - Prescription Drug Coverage (optional): Covers prescription drugs for which you pay a monthly premium.
When you turn 65 or otherwise become eligible for Medicare, enrollment windows open. It is important to enroll during that time to ensure you don’t lose out on any benefits.
It is important to remember that Medicare does not cover all medical expenses
A recent study of 3,000 Medicare beneficiaries’ out-of-pocket medical spending during their last five years of life found:
• Participants spent an average of at least $38,600
• 25% of participants paid $101,800 on average
• 25% spent more than their total household assets on health care
Because of this, many people opt for additional coverage through a Medicare Supplement Plan.
What you need to know about Medicare Supplement Plans:
• Helps you pay some or all medical expenses not paid by Medicare part A & B
• May help limit your annual out-of-pocket medical expenses
• You can see any doctor that accepts Medicare patients
Medicare Supplement Plans strengthen your overall coverage. Medicare is not designed to pay 100% of your medical costs. Medicare Supplemental insurance coverage helps pay some of your share of the health care costs not covered by the Medicare Plan; such as deductibles and coinsurance or copayment amounts. Some supplemental health insurance plans also cover certain hospital or medical services not covered by Medicare. This can help ensure medical expenses deplete your savings.
Medicare Supplemental health insurance coverage is available to you if you are 65 or older and have enrolled in Medicare Plan, Parts A and B.
We offer a variety of Medicare Supplement plans that can meet your healthcare needs and budget. Our specialists are ready to help you make the right choice when it comes to your healthcare options.
Florida Blue offers two types of Medicare Advantage plans:
Medicare Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
• Affordable, even $0 premium costs
• Additional benefits at no additional premium cost
• Networks of doctors and hospitals coordinate care and coverage
• Care support and other resources provide peace of mind and extra savings
Medicare Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
• Dedicated Member Services phone line including assistance with perscriptions
• PPO network includes Florida’s top medical experts
• Full array of no cost programs available in person, by phone or online
• Personal Wellness Coaching
• Live & web-based comparison tools & exclusive discount programs
Your healthcare choices are very important. At Best Insurance USA we are here to help you make the right decisions. We take the time to understand your needs and recommend a solution for your unique needs. Contact us today for more information.