Health Insurance > Individual & Family
INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY
At Best Insurance USA, we specialize in providing individual health insurance policies through Florida Blue, Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan, one of the state’s largest health insurers. We can help you select a health plan that meets your family’s needs and your budget–– and meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
With so many health plans to choose from, we can help you:
• figure out if you qualify for a premium tax credit
• narrow down the type of coverage you need
• select deductible and copay/coinsurance levels that will benefit you most
• determine a monthly premium that works with your budget
Florida Blue plans are backed by an impressive record for service, stability and quality customer care that goes back more than 70 years.
Here’s a quick high-level view of the five plan categories available from Florida Blue:
• Essential (HSA) Plans can be combined with a tax-free Health Savings Account. You’ll pay a deductible and coinsurance for all health care services. Preventive care is covered at no cost and most prescription drugs are covered after your deductible and copays.
• Essential Plans generally offer lower monthly premiums. You’ll pay a deductible and coinsurance for all health care services. Preventive care is covered at no cost and most prescription drugs are covered after your deductible and copays.
• Everyday Plans have copays for primary care visits and a choice of cost-sharing options for all other health care services and prescription drugs.
• Predictable Cost Plans come with copays for the most commonly used health care services such as primary care visits and prescription drugs. Set costs help you keep your health care spending under control.
• All-Copay Plans offer $0 deductible and fixed copays for all covered health care services.
ARE STANDING BY
Next, we’ll help you determine which Florida Blue provider network best suits your needs:
• Available statewide
• Largest physician and hospital network
• Coverage for care outside of the network, except for Exclusive Provider Services
• Specific providers required for prescription drugs and vision and/or dental services
• Available in select counties
• Large physician and hospital network
• No out-of-network coverage except for emergencies
• Available in select counties
• Limited hospital network
• Coverage for care out-of-network, except for Exclusive Provider Services
• Specific providers must be used for prescription drugs, durable medical equipment and
supplies, home health, lab tests and vision and/or dental services (if applicable)
Adding dependents to your plan
If you wish to add dependents under the age of 19 to your Florida Blue health-only plan, Florida Blue, in accordance with the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, is required to ask you to demonstrate that you first have coverage for pediatric dental services. To get pediatric coverage you can:
• Choose a health plan that includes pediatric dental coverage as part of the policy, or
• Purchase a separate pediatric dental plan, which is also offered through Florida Blue
Get more with Florida Blue––at no additional cost
Florida Blue offers members a broad range of services and programs that are not only convenient, but help save money on many health care needs.
Once you enroll in a Florida Blue plan and receive your member ID card, you can register your account online at floridablue.com. Everything you need to know about your health coverage is at your fingertips 24/7. From claims status and benefit details to finding doctors, health improve-ment tools, convenient bill pay options and ways to save money, you can get your health information whenever you need it. You can also access benefits and coverage from your smart phone.
Becoming a Florida Blue member means you can take advantage of all these extras:
Member Discounts1: Blue365® is an online member-only discount program that provides substantial savings on health and wellness products and services including:
• fitness club memberships
• exercise footwear and apparel
• weight loss management
• vision care, glasses and contact lenses
• hearing aids and care
• family care and elder care services
Know Before You Go: Compare costs and quality of medical services before you go to the doctor with Florida Blue’s online cost estimator. And while your prescription coverage is designed to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum, you can compare and find the lowest prices at the closest pharmacies by checking the online
drug cost estimator first.
Care Consultants: Get help understanding your benefits and how to shop for the most cost effective, quality care. If you’re planning a medical procedure or dealing with a health condition such as diabetes or COPD, help is available to you. Florida Blue Care Consultants are experts when it comes to connecting you with a dedicated nurse, explaining care and treatment options, and helping you save money along the way.
Nurseline2: Get answers to questions 24/7 on common symptoms and illnesses ranging from children’s health and allergies, to diabetes, diagnostic testing and heart conditions. Special programs and online information is also available to help you manage these types of conditions.
Health and Wellness Programs: Let Florida Blue’s online Health Assistant help you meet your health goals through self-paced interactive programs. You can personalize programs for weight management, emotional health, stress management, nutrition, smoking cessation and exercise. Track your progress and manage your health goals––all at your own pace.
Personal Health Record: You can establish a secure, electronic, portable way to gather, store, manage and share your health information all in one place. Keep track of doctor visits, medical conditions, surgeries, allergies, immunizations and other helpful information through your online account.
Member Health Statement: Get a monthly overview of claims, costs and savings. Go green and choose to receive your statement electronically. You can also create custom reports by date, claim types, covered members and other options. Print just the reports you need at tax time.
Get covered: Enroll in a Florida Blue plan today!
We can help you find a Florida Blue plan specifically for you and your family. Contact us or just give us a call toll free at (800) 490-0971.